Saturday, December 12, 2009

Psalms of Discipleship--The Third Sunday of Advent

Who is the man who fears the LORD? He will instruct him in the way he should choose. Psalm 25:12

Life Principle: The Quality disciple of Jesus Christ cultivates a disciplined habit: every life choice that is made is bathed in prayer.

Dec 13—Third Sunday of Advent

Application:

The Quality disciple of Jesus Christ cultivates a disciplined habit: every life choice that is made is bathed in prayer.

• When we fear (greatly respect and honor) the Lord, it will have a significant impact on how we pray.

• When we fear (greatly respect and honor) the Lord, we will be so close to hearing His heart that we are willing to seek His will, and not our own.

• When we fear (greatly respect and honor) the Lord, we will have a blessed assurance that the path we choose will be the correct decision.

• When we fear (greatly respect and honor) the Lord, we gain a fresh perspective of why God sent His Son to our world: to provide a way for us to experience eternal life. This is the wonderful story of Christmas. God made a choice…so must we.

Reflect & Respond: Some Really Good Questions To Ponder…

What does my life look like as a disciple of Jesus Christ? Do I live my life in fear of the Lord; do I greatly respect and honor Him?

How do I know for sure that the life choices I make are at the center of God’s will for me?

Prayer:

Lord Jesus, teach me how to fear God in the right way. Teach me how to respect and honor You. May my life be marked by a life of prayer that governs the choices I make. May I never seek my way as a replacement for Your way. May I be the kind of disciple who knows Your heart so well that I instinctively follow Your instruction on the way I should choose.

No comments: