Friday, December 24, 2010

A Christmas Card From the Shepherd of the 23rd Psalm

Hello my dear friends. A warm greeting to you this Christmas Eve. I will be sending you the next Psalms of Discipleship devotion on December 26 from Psalm 26:2. Its a great reminder of how we can be "real" with God.

Each one of you has been, for me, a very special Christmas Gift. Thanks for joining me in this inspiring journey through the Psalms in 2010. The Lord willing, 2011 will be another year of joyful discovery for all of us.

Below is a "Christmas Card" from the Shepherd of the 23rd Psalm. May the message from this "card" give all of us a fresh understanding of how much God loves and cares for us.

O Come, Let Us Adore Him!

Denny


A Christmas Card From the Shepherd of the 23rd Psalm

Because I am your Shepherd, you have everything that you will ever need (vs. 1).

I let you rest in green meadows and I lead you beside quiet, peaceful streams (vs. 2).

I keep on giving My life and My strength to you. I guide you along the right paths, helping you to bring honor to My name (vs. 3).

Even when you walk through the dark valley of death, you will not be afraid because I am close beside you. I am leading you, guarding you, guiding you, protecting you, comforting you, all the way (vs. 4).

I prepare a table before you in the presence of your enemies, those who do not have your best interests in mind. I honor you by anointing your head with oil (symbolic of My Spirit) and I fill your cup (your capacity to enjoy life) to overflowing with blessings that come from Me (vs. 5).

Surely, My goodness and unfailing love and kindness will pursue you all of the days of your life and you will live with Me in My Home, forever (vs. 6).

Merry Christmas,

The Good Shepherd of the 23rd Psalm


[Adapted from the New Living Translation and the Living Bible]

www.dennybates.com

Denny Bates & Something New Christian Publishers © 2010 All rights reserved.

No comments: