Monday, March 2, 2009

Psalms of Discipleship--Principle #7--Core Value: Grace and Prayer

Life Principles For Those Who Choose To Follow Jesus And Live The Discipled Life

Principle #7: Because of grace, we (the disciple of Jesus) can pray to the Lord who hears us.

Psalm 4:3 But know that the LORD has set apart the godly man for Himself; The LORD hears when I call to Him.

Core Value: Grace & Prayer

Application: Because of grace, we can pray to the Lord who hears us: The disciple of Jesus Christ can become a disciple because of what God has done through the finished work of Christ. Through grace, we have been placed “in Christ.” Through grace, we can communicate with the Lord through prayer.
• Because of His Word to us, His sure promise to us, we can know that the Lord has set apart the godly man (and woman) for Himself. Disciples of Jesus Christ belong to Him!
• Because the disciple of Jesus Christ belongs to Him, we have been given access to Him through prayer.
• “The Lord hears.” What an amazing promise: to think that the sovereign God and Lord of the universe, the King of Glory, would not only hear the cry of our heart, but who truly loves and cares for us.

Reflect & Respond: Some Really Good Questions To Ponder…
What kind of lifestyle is the Lord calling me to live since He has set apart the godly man (and woman) for Himself?

When is the last time that I have cried out to the Lord?

Prayer:
Lord Jesus, I am in awe of You. Thank You for loving me, for setting me apart, for choosing me to be one of Your children. As a disciple of Jesus Christ, teach me to pray; help me develop a more intimate, more authentic relationship with You.

No comments: