Saturday, February 7, 2009

Psalms of Discipleship--Principle #4--Core Value: Grace

Life Principles For Those Who Choose
To Follow Jesus And Live The Discipled Life

Psalm 3:3 But You, O LORD, are a shield about me, My glory, and the One who lifts my head.

Core Value: Grace

Principle #4: The quality disciple deeply acknowledges and appreciates the Lord’s gracious care as the One who shields us as well as the One who gently lifts our head in order for us to see His face.

Application: The quality disciple deeply acknowledges and appreciates the Lord’s gracious care as the One who shields us as well as the One who gently lifts our head in order for us to see His face.

• The disciple of Jesus Christ knows Him as the LORD. He is God and has sovereign power over His people.
• It is the LORD who shields us, covers us, cares for us; He protects us from our enemies.
• When we are down and discouraged it is the Lord Jesus who gently lifts our countenance so that we might better see His face.

Reflect & Respond: Some Really Good Questions To Ponder…

How do I relate to Jesus? Do I consider Him as the LORD of my life?

Is there anything going on in my heart that needs His gracious lifting of my head?

Prayer:
Lord Jesus, You know me well. You are God! and I am not. Forgive me when I want to wrest away from You control of my life. Thank You for being my Lord, my God, my shield, my glory, and the One who lifts my head.

No comments: