Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Service

FACE TIME:

Getting To Know God Better By Spending Face Time With Him

WEEK ONE / DAY 6 / SERVICE

IV. SERVICE is the natural outflow of having a relationship with the Lord. God has saved me so that I might serve Him and others.

For the quality disciple, it all begins with having a foundation of grace… where as a result, we can worship God in the way He prefers…then, and only then, will we be able to experience genuine spiritual growth…where we will be able to SERVE as we share our spiritual gifts…

17If anyone has material possessions and sees his brother in need but has no pity on him, how can the love of God be in him? 18Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth.
1 John 3:17-18

What does this say…What does it mean…What is God saying to me?

What kinds of material goods has the Lord entrusted to me that can be a blessing to another member of the body of Christ?

How keen am I to the lives of needy believers who are in my circle of influence?

What have I done lately that has shown love to a needy person?

Talking To God: My Face Time With Him

Lord, You have blessed me with more than I deserve. You have blessed me with both material and spiritual blessings. Give me Your eyes to see the needs around me. May I be a blessing to both You and to others. Your Word is a sober reminder of what You expect from me: If I have material possessions and see my brother in need but have no pity on him, how can the love of God be in me? As a dear child of God, let me not love with words or tongue but with actions and truth.

No comments: