Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Spiritual Growth: Community (Relationships)

FACE TIME:

Getting To Know God Better By Spending Face Time With Him

WEEK ONE / DAY 5 / SPIRITUAL GROWTH / COMMUNITY

III. SPIRITUAL GROWTH must be the norm for every Christian believer.

For the quality disciple, it all begins with having a foundation of grace… where as a result, we can worship God in the way He prefers…then, and only then, will we be able to experience genuine SPIRITUAL GROWTH…

But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and forever! Amen. 2 Peter 3:18

C. Community (Relationships) is essential for a healthy Christian. No one can live the Christian life in a vacuum. I need meaningful relationships with other believers.

We proclaim to you what we have seen and heard, so that you also may have fellowship with us. And our fellowship is with the Father and with his Son, Jesus Christ. 1 John 1:3

What does this say…What does it mean…What is God saying to me?

Who is in my circle of fellowship, other believers, whom I desire to have a meaningful relationship?

What kinds of choices do I make in order to enhance my relationship with my Father and with my Savior, Jesus Christ?

Talking To God: My Face Time With Him

Lord Jesus, You are the glue that holds every relationship together. Forgive me for the times when I leave You out and seek out friendships that are not built around You. You have given me wonderful counsel as I seek to build relationships. A healthy Christian community is as the Apostle John suggests, “that I might also may have fellowship with other believers. And our fellowship is with the Father and with His Son, Jesus Christ.”

No comments: